Sunday, January 24, 2010

Going Out With a Bang

What a way to celebrate graduating - with a trip around central Europe. I cant' believe how much fun I had on this trip. the group couldn't have been better. I was really thrilled with how well everyone got along and how nice everyone was, especially towards me being an outsider and Canadian... I have so many fond memories and I don't think I have laughed so hard in a long time. I'm really lucky I got to experience something like this. I'm not too knowledgeable about American college's but this Jan Term seems like a really unique opportunity for students.
One thing that I realized (but maybe I knew it all along) was how much of European history is based around crazy myths and funny stories that really have nothing to do with historical facts but become "truths."
As I mentioned in my previous post I really think the last night was the best. We were really lucky to experience those singers. What a memory...sitting in a tiny bar in a village in Germany and all of a sudden we have a choir singing for us.

I could not have asked for a better way to graduate. THANK YOU!

No comments: